Sinister: Door open yet?

Catspaw1 at xxx.com Catspaw1 at xxx.com
Wed Oct 6 05:21:42 BST 1999

Probationary period over?  I promise not to be a nuisance, but another intro
couldn't hurt, eh?

I feel old looking at the list makeup, just edging out of my twenties.
Wasted a decade, aside from some personal growth, a marriage and college, but
I'm still not where I want to be, so I guess it doesn't mean much. Hazy
dreamer and all that...

I'm in the middle of the USA, what we call the "Heartland" here in the
states, and things are flat but not that dull.  I write...anything really,
comic books at the moment...a book called Love in Tights for the nonce...back
in school because the brain begins to rot, and stimuli was so desperately
needed.

And I discovered B&S in a record store the week IYFS was released.  After
wondering aloud about the sound (the Kinks covering Nick Drake?  What?  Eh?),
the clerk shoved a copy in my hands, and I've never looked back...  One of my
goals is to spread the gospel to friends and family, and I've just done a mix
for my brother-in-law (who just finished law school and is generally to be
found drinking with me when I'm in town, listening to music into the wee
hours).  I hope the powers that be don't frown upon a B&S mix.  Copyrights
aside, the idea is to introduce the band in full, and lead him and my sis
down the path with the arab strap....  The tunes on said disc:

The State I Am In
Expectations
She's Losing It
Stars of Track and Field
Seeing Other People
Me and the Major
Like Dylan in the Movies
The Fox in the Snow
Get Me Away From Here...
If You're Feeling Sinister
Judy and the Dream of Horses
Lazy Line Painter Jane
It Could Have Been a Brilliant Career
Sleep the Clock Around
A Summer Wasting
The Boy With the Arab Strap
The Rollercoaster Ride

Have I missed anything?  Of course I have.  That's the point.

Just cueing up The Wicker Man (which stars a young Edward Woodward)...night
all...

B Clay