Sinister: A Single Plum Floating in Perfume, Served in a Man's Hat

Iain McGilp u02nim at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 6 17:25:59 BST 1999

Hey kids,
Its good to know that eveyone seems to have had an even
more depressing summer than I have, judging by the torrent
of thoroughly miserablist e-mails that I have accumulated.
My holidays basically consisted of working non-stop for
didley-squat cash in the Hamilton branch of a well known
chain of British sport stores who shall remain
nameless. The one useful nugget that I managed to derive
from my time there is that Celtics' entire support have
three teeth. Between the lot of them. I could pour my
overburdened little heart out at this point about the
horrors of being a wage slave, but I realise that this
would be horribly offensive to those of you who actually do
hold down full-time employment, unlike my layabout student
self, so I'll keep quiet.
Being such a media-literate soul, it seems that I am the
only person who has picked up on Scotland on Sunday's
(broadsheet newspaper, for the uninitiated) Most Eligible
Bachelor shenanigans. Disturbingly enough at number 48 (a
whole 26 places behind Rangers' uber-ned centre-half Scott
" aye, ah used tae be a bit mental, ken" Wilson) was one
Mick Cooke (Musician). He apparently sleeps with his
trumpet you know. Unbeleivably they somehow managed to omit
my good self from the list (I phoned instantly to correct
them on what was clearly a typographic error (vindictive
printer?)) (My English teacher once accused me of using too
many brackets. The hell I do).
Tragically enough, it is now lunchtime and I have still not
sobered up from last night's titanic Scotland vs. Bosnia
post-match celebrations (in fact I may well be sick over
my computer. Who's to say.). We're talking a piss-up of
Charlie Sheen-esque proportions.
(Till the next time)
(Iain McG.)

Iain McGilp
u02nim at abdn.ac.uk

"How would you care to Pay sir?"
"Chib Express"- Unknown ned, Crimestoppers, 1991