Sinister: bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens

Ian McKinney the_gibber at xxx.com
Thu Oct 7 17:50:03 BST 1999

Hi folks,
I haven't posted in a while being so busy settling back into college life
and all but, er.. , I can't think how to end this sentence. urngh. Anyhoo, I
must share with you all the absolute sense of frenzied joy I experienced
last saturday night. I went to see ASIAN DUB FOUNDATION (they deserve
capitals) and it was quite possibly the best show I've ever seen. I know
that their jungle-thrash mayhem is probably the furthest you could possibly
get from B&S, but it nevertheless has a unique appeal. Once again I bumped
into list-lurker Tim McGregor, but was too smashed to have a proper
conversation. My companion Barbara sadly got a bit carried away on the gin,
went completely berserk and was nearly ejected from the venue for pulling
over one of the monitors and knocking people over. For the record, I don't
condone that manner of behaviour in any way, and I took it upon myself to
administer a stern talking-to the following day.
  I was delighted last week when my Isobel With Fox t-shirt and b&s badges
arrived. I still haven't decided where to attach the badges. To the lapel of
my leather jacket? To my satchel? My eyelids? My nipples? Anyway I'm all
excited cause I'm going to wear the t-shirt out tonight for the first time.
I will act as a magnet for all the b&s fans in the place. We will gravitate
in a dark corner and plot conspiracies.
   Finally, why don't more of you use the sinister irc channel? It's
tremendous fun when there's a good crowd in, but usually there's only 2 or 3
people there. I drop in most days, there is a small contingent of regulars
but I say the more the merrier.
     That is all. Until next time, take care of yourselves, and each other.
   Yours etc.,
Ian (aka gib)