Sinister: All the bright young things are talking

Graham MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Thu Oct 7 18:34:54 BST 1999

hello peeps,

babychris said:

> rude thing to say if you ask me. Maybe that's what
> fame and popularity did to her... :)

Well, I have to say chris, it's getting beyond a joke these days. I went
out to buy this week's TV Quick last night and there was a gaggle of
cardi-wearing indie boys shuffling around on my doorstep. They didn't say
hello or anything, just looked at their feet, and made small muttering
noises under their breath. I was spying on them from my window a few
minutes before - they were opening their flasks of weak lemon drink, but
kept getting their specs steamed up which gets them all flustered.

Last night I was woken up by the sound of cats having sex in my back garden
(again) so I slipped on my fluffy mules and tottered over to the window to
have a look - there was a boy standing on the patio with soot all over his
face. He cried "maam, maam, I've swept your chimmney, now could I request
the honour of a kiss?". I shouted "Not on your nelly, you dirty ned!" and
he ran off into the night, his ragged clothes flying about his bare feet.
In the morning I found a card on my doorstep. It said 'Chris Junior
sweeping services' in a smokey smudged scrawl.

I'm taking the mickey. You knew that, didn't you?

I'm now getting a job in a place called Barney's grill. Barney owns the
joint, though I havent had the honour of meeting him yet. Greasy Caff tales
to follow! No waitrose brown padded guillets for me, oh no, *I* get to wear
a little red sailor (as in, looks like the ones you make out of paper) hat
and pinny, and take orders off all the colourful types. Just give me the
wink, and I'll make your day. Chips-wise.

It's my birthday tommorow, so I looked at my cake today, sneaked a peak
while my mum was outside having a fag. It's really naff. I'm getting one of
those clever cameras, that has it's own brain for my present. I hope it has
artificial intelligence, and starts writing country and western songs when
I leave it turned on.

right. have to go and spend hours getting ready to be fashionably late. I'm
wearing my swanky pants! Those townies better watch their step, I'm wearing
spike heels and I feel like a dancin'...

Erica