Sinister: Flatlands, U.S.A.

Catspaw1 at xxx.com Catspaw1 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 8 05:22:09 BST 1999

Talk of pubs and city streets gets me down, as I have to climb in my car and
drive twenty minutes to find both together at the same time (they exist on
select corners in downtown KC).  It's the kind of thing I do on rainy,
overcast evenings, shoving just that particular B&S CD into the stereo,
punching up just that particular track that works just so on rainy evenings
(works best with Brilliant Career and perhaps The State I Am In, although you
never know).  B&S is mood music of the highest order, and that's my passion.
A rainy night means Nick Drake, Van Morrison (Astral Weeks, natch), Miles
Davis, Richard Davies, Jeff (or Tim) Buckley, Sinatra, whatever ... and some
nugget from B&S.

So I've sprained my ankle playing basketball, can't seem to get my brains
together enough to write some things that must be written, and I have friends
crashing this weekend, traveling to a football game and raising havoc at a
dandy bar (once a gay haunt, but sadly no longer) called the Peanut.

So I'm scanning the darkening skies for signs of rain, Sinister sounds
clutched to my breast.

B Clay
type your pet's name into your browser and see what happens.