No subject

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Oct 8 09:55:48 BST 1999

I hope this doesn't upset Pete R, whose posts are universally top class, but
I just needed to say one thing that I've been thinking ever since I first
set eyes on the name "the merry pranksters". What a grade A cunt that Ken
Kesey must be! And Pete's letter just made me spit bile - his account of
Kesey's experiments is all the evidence I need for the introduction of
compulsory lobotomies for anyone who thinks any thoughts they have while
tripping are worth foisting on anyone else. Very big and clever you sad old
men.

So, yay, another day's worth listening to the same tedious house mediocrity
on a 15 minute loop that is Kiss FM. Jesus, why? I would have thought that
such exposure would have left maybe one or two songs ingrained in my head
that I found myself tempted to buy next time I'm in HMV, but no. Nothing.
Not even a "Music Sounds Better with You" (okay, they do play that
sometimes, but it's hardly new and anyway, I've already got it). Why? Though
I suppose they do play TLC sometimes. Which reminds me, can anyone recommend
a Missy Elliot record for me to get, as I heard something she did a couple
of months ago and loved it, but I haven't a clue what it was. It was quite
dark and funky, that's all I can remember.

Anyone catch the MOBO awards last night? Hmm. I can feel all kinds of white
music Vs black music things bubbling up in my subconscious, but we've been
there before, so moving swiftly on...

The B&S backlash. My take on things is that we're teetering on the edge of
non-credibility. Every week, it seems, we're lampooned in the NME, which is
kind of sweet, but we haven't featured in their "what's on our stereo" bit
for ages. But then the groop haven't released any new songs for ages. Most
people still haven't heard of them, and the impact of the Brits is no more
than a background hum these days. But at the same time they're no longer a
discovery to most. The most important thing is that neither the band nor the
fans are much affected by what others think of them anyway, so we'll be
alright. We already are.

Not sure why I'm so erratic today. Probably cos I'm at work and don't want
to be. My boss, after a few weeks of being friendly and reasonable, went
arsey yesterday and I just can't be bothered. Perhaps this is a hint that I
should work rather than gripe to the Sinister List. Yes, that's what I'll
do.

To the left side,
To the right side,
Mark xxx

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 0171 224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;  we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com