Sinister: Ducks.

Adam Chapman dunca_chap at xxx.com
Fri Oct 8 17:56:05 BST 1999

   Sorry, I've got ducks on the brain at the moment, its the problem of
having a bloody great lake and large piles of moldy bread in easy walking
distance of an afternoon. So, hows life and A levels, these both seem along
way off right now, and i've only been here 2.5 weeks, the works already
catching up, and being avoided. I'm going to see 'The Texus Chainsaw
Massacre' tonight for some peculiar reason. A friend of mine says shes going
to take a cushion to hide behind which as makes it an absolute must see for
that very reason, as they strike me as the least likely person to even
consider seeing it; or is that just me?

   Has the Belle and Sebastian Backlash started yet? Only in the *Melody*
maker thus far i think, and amoungst those who find the Stereophonics
songwriting too deep for them [though they probably haven't heard of B+S
come to think of it]. Have you noticed how in the personal columns of the
music press how many people try to use B+S to project an image? Its rapidly
becoming a cliche [sorry, can't do the accent over the 'e'], along with the
*I'm-a-manics-fan-who-writes-crap-poetry and has a glitter fixation*, and
the *Me-big-beat-'fatboy'-loser*, you now get the *I'm-soft-and-fluffy and
like Belle and Sebastian* [therefore implying that they're much the same
thing, I merely suggest that this is not the case...].

   I'm off to further ingratiate myself with the beer swilling masses,adieu.

Adam