Sinister: I'll only buy a book for the way it looks

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Sat Oct 9 03:31:31 BST 1999

Welcome to LauraLand!

Please learn and follow the rules while in LauraLand. No running, no
yelling, no grumbling, no cutting in line, no jumping, no horseplay. That
means you. No breaking things and putting them back like nothing happened.
No sad faces, bad attitudes, introspective moments, irritation at the
mindless happiness of the masses, and no littering. Is that clear?

Our Main Attraction here is Laura Llew's Lovely Literary List of 1999.
  http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/litlist.htm
(and you thought it was me. ha!) It was so named for egotistical purposes
more than anything else. The recommendations from this list was the work of
members of this lovely sinister list. Now, there was one suggestion from a
non-list member who thought that all of belle and sebastian songs sound
alike. But just as the anti-government psycho woodsman who I got stuck up in
the mountains of Utah said to me, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Even if its blatantly wrong."

Please take careful note of the lovely disclaimer at top. I am not held
personally accountable for any images/thoughts/ideas that are inflicted in
your minds because of these books. However, if you want to talk to me about
any of the books feel free to. I have a short synopsis of most of the books
(provided by those who recommended them) and have read quite a few of them.
It'll be like a second opinion of sorts.

I would like to thank everyone who participated and recommended their
favorite reads to me. I enjoyed putting together the list immensely and am
quite pleased that I had such a good response. I'm quite looking forward to
reading all of the suggestions (my new goal). As always, I am thankful that
Honey allows me to use this list to beef up my e-mail box and allow me to
use this list to compile my own. Very kind of our list mummy indeed. Blake
Hamilton was also very encouraging during the early stages of the list with
cheers and such. He makes a fabulous cheerleader. Though his legs in that
short skirt, leave something to be desired. Like more fabric. hehe. I would
especially like to show my utmost gratitude to:

**Laura Llew's MVP (Most Valuable Poster)**

For that list member whose patience, knowledge, and kindness that knows no
bounds. Who has helped tremedously with the list - graciously offering to
put the list up on the web. Their name should be at top of the list - not
mine. They did a TON of work on this list and has been incredibly patience
with my ignorance and my affinity of *tweaking*. Yes, I am eternally
thankful for the help of
........................Jan Imgrund...............................
I really can't even begin to express how much help he has been.
So, I'll stop trying to.

So, Wouldn't you like to get away?
Give yourself up to the allure of
Catcher In The Rye
The future's swathed in Stars and Stripes

Wouldn't you like to get away?
Kerouac's beckoning with open arms,
And open roads of eucalyptus
Westward Bound............

*Snapped Crackled and P!O!P!P!I!N!G!*
I've never met a bat I didn't like...

Laura Llew Who
(is still disappointed that no one thought to send her the following  last
week: "Laura's feeling just ideal. Her Horoscope was nearly     perfect.
She's thinking of something to do because she is the    birthday girl."  Fit
perfectly, eh?)