Sinister: Message to Pretty

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Oct 11 10:12:52 BST 1999

Christopher, when I got my photo taken with motorcycle ace Barry
Sheene, I didn't say anything, my mate's mum did all the talking. If I
remember correctly, Christopher, you always go and see Robin
Williamson with your mum and dad, so if I were you, I'd get your mum
to do the talking. But I'd try that "tousle tousle tousle" business
first.

I heard the Jarvis Cocker Looper remix. It's right up there with the
Gentle Waves. More interestingly, I heard "The Indie Pop List" by
Momus, which is quite funny. I strained my ears to hear mentions of
you lot, but the only one I caught was The 13 o' Clock, which rings a
bell from somewhere in the distant past. It is an insanely catchy
song. I got the Norma Waterson album too. It's very sad, makes you cry
for Freddie Mercury. The droning sound on "River Man" turns out to be
a hurdy gurdy. It's the Sister Disco Purchase of the Week.

Thailand news: The man-woman boxer was on telly for at least fifteen
minutes. His/Her opponent kissed him /her before the bouting
commenced, so he/she got really angry and hammered the fucker. I quite
fancy him/her, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Pop star authors: I think the problem is this - the general public
perceives pop stars as silly billies and writers as clever dicks, so
if one tries to do the other's job, they become a silly dick or a
clever billy, and it's like a face with a wonky nose.

Sister Disco

PS: Nice poem, George.