Sinister: sinister:romance isn't dead yet

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Mon Oct 11 13:43:50 BST 1999

Around last Valentine's day an envelope was delivered to the student house I
live in. It was addressed to someone who obviously had lived there some
years ago. We were used to such mail and usually returned
it to sender. However there was no return address on this envelope.
Furthermore, there was a tape in this envelope. We speculated upon what it
could be and laughed at the suggestion that it could be Belle and Sebastian.
As I recall, we decided it was probably Bon Jovi.
Curiousity overcame us by this stage and we opened the letter (in blatant
disregard for the law). There was a tape and a number of pink cut-out
letters that appeared to make a girls name. we stuck the tape on and sat in
astonishment as the first line came rolling out of the speakers "He had a
stroke at the age of 24...". We had just opened the
most romantic valentine's present ever. I don't know who the tape was
intended for other than someone called James and don't know who it was
from but I'd like to think that they got in contact eventually.
Anyway that's my random Belle and Sebastain story.

               Paul