Sinister: He said Tigermilk costs 300 pounds, our survey said . . .

igh1 igh1 at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 11 13:50:40 BST 1999

Bonkers, bit of B&S content for once . . . I've just been
quoted 300 squid for Tigermilk (which the guy says is in
mint condition).  Does anyone know if this is a fair price??

Cheers, btw please let me know as soon as possible cos I've
got to phone him quite soon to let him know whether I
interested, thanks again, I'll go now, cheerio,

IAn.
On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:43:50 BST Paul Arathoon
<paularathoon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Around last Valentine's day an envelope was delivered to the student house I
> live in. It was addressed to someone who obviously had lived there some
> years ago. We were used to such mail and usually returned
> it to sender. However there was no return address on this envelope.
> Furthermore, there was a tape in this envelope. We speculated upon what it
> could be and laughed at the suggestion that it could be Belle and Sebastian.
> As I recall, we decided it was probably Bon Jovi.
> Curiousity overcame us by this stage and we opened the letter (in blatant
> disregard for the law). There was a tape and a number of pink cut-out
> letters that appeared to make a girls name. we stuck the tape on and sat in
> astonishment as the first line came rolling out of the speakers "He had a
> stroke at the age of 24...". We had just opened the
> most romantic valentine's present ever. I don't know who the tape was
> intended for other than someone called James and don't know who it was
> from but I'd like to think that they got in contact eventually.
> Anyway that's my random Belle and Sebastain story.
>
>                Paul

>  +-+  "legion of bedroom saddo devotees" "tech-heads and students" +-+
>  +-+  "the cardie wearing biscuit nibbling belle & sebastian list" +-+
>  +-+                     "jelly-filled danishes"                   +-+

                Ian Hatcher
              igh1 at ukc.ac.uk
           rutherford jcc ents#1