Sinister: What else have you got to do, really?

Michele Waggner m.waggner at xxx.net
Mon Oct 11 15:48:15 BST 1999

UK Sinisterines....

I'm passing on some info for those of you looking to maybe get out of your
houses/rooms this week.  As I wrote awhile back, some homies from my area,
The Butterflies of Love,  are making their way over to your neck of the
woods and they're worth a listen... I saw them do an in-store last week and
it was really quite good.  This is an update of their UK plans as previously
posted, because there have been some changes.

The October 17 gig supporting Marine Research has been cancelled because the
Butterflies have gotten a Peel thing and decided to do that instead.  But
they will get a chance to play with Amelia (get your minds out of the
gutter) on Oct. 15 as she'll be on keyboards with Sportique at the Bull and
Gate.

October 14, Nottingham, Bunker's Hill -- with Airport Girl and Twinkie.

October 15, London, Bull and Gate -- with Mark 700, Action Time and
Sportique.

October 16, London, The Scala -- with Cato, the Smith Garrett Band, Airport
Girl, Spraydog, the Family Way, Comet Gain, Birdie (St. Etienne backup
singer), Rosita (two of those Kenickie girls), Spearmint and Quickspace.

The Butterflies'  got a good review in NME last week, in that sort of odd
way they give good reviews.  Melody Maker was not so kind, but what the hell
do they know?  The records are released on the Secret 7 label here in the US
and on Fortuna Pop in the UK.

So, see them if you get a chance... and say hello to my friend Chris Razz
who'll be there with them.  He'll be the one ... well, I dunno.  He might be
looking like he's the manager.  See if you can find him.  Tell him I sent
this.

B&S Content?  Chris Razz first played IYFS for me,  gave me a really good
clear tape of Tigermilk back in the analog days, wrapped in Spice Girls
paper if I recall correctly... and he likes the Gentle Waves for some
bizarre reason.  Don't hold it against him, he's nice and has good taste
musically, really.

--michele who didn't even get a free single for doing this