Sinister: Help me make loads of money

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 12 20:28:02 BST 1999

Hello all you people - got a quick message for you chaps.

We're running a club in Glasgow (Glasgow's first REAL MUSIC night). It's
called "In Tune" and it will feature the DJ-ing "talents" of myself, Claire
Timmins, Mick and Alasdair Cooke (not Alasdair from the list, but Mick (48)
Cooke's Brother).

It's at the 13th note Cafe on King Street in Glasgow, famously thought to be
owned by Bis - who rip the "kids" off by selling fanzines allegedly, at 9:00
till 12:00 this Friday. Inspired by Bis's alleged activity, we plan to
fleece everyone who enters by the sum of 1 pound sterling, which we'll use
to get a taxi back home again after the club, leaving all the poor kids to
freeze to death in the Glasgow night.

We're gonna be playing any sort of music really, just anything that's good,
and if it goes down well, we'll do another night. It's supposed to just be
like a great big party.

Anyone's welcome to come along and pay a pound, please do.

Anyhow, enough of that rampant capitalism, sorry I haven't posted to the
list for bloody ages, things used to be really relaxed in attitude at work,
but they're not now I'm afraid to say and I can't really post from work.

Nice to see Sarah mentioning monkeys whom I still believe are the new rock
and roll - to back this up, this months Viz (which is a comic, and as we all
well know, comedy is the old new rock and roll) contains an advert for
Monkey Fags, which contains 0.01% Nicotine, and 3.6% Banana! - rock and
roll.

Peter, lovely to hear your Barry Sheene exploits. I once met Fish - he was
funny, he put this really fake broad Scottish accent on so as to appear
harder than he actually is. Actually, that reminds me, may have said this
one before but, my old flatmate met Fish on Victoria Street in Edinburgh
once, he said "Oh, it's Fish", and Fish went "Fuck off". I once met Chancer
from City Lights in the pub too, I went "Hey - it's Gerard Kelly, you're the
funny man, from the telly" and he went "No, it's Andy Gray".

Cheers,
  Keith.