Sinister: today's special

Ted Whalen tew at xxx.net
Wed Oct 13 03:18:29 BST 1999

This message is by way of introduction.  I think perhaps a summary of the
events of this weekend will serve as a primer to my life and the state that
I'm in.

Saturday, as I was on my way to a party thrown by people I don't especially
like, I stopped at the local bar for a bite and a pint.  It seems like
everyone at the bar conspired to make me staggeringly drunk.  I stumbled
down to the party, but was forced to make an over-hasty exit due to
alcohol-induced illness.  Sadly, (and here is the B&S content) I had to
leave before I could sway in the style of the truly rhythmless to 'We Rule
the School.' It was my only musical request at a party where the theme was
'High School Homecoming'.  I was not elected king.  I lost my cranberry
sweater vest on the way home.

Sunday I spent mainly in bed, but ventured out in the late afternoon to
visit Ikea with my roommate.  We bought a rug, and once at home, I swept and
washed the floors in celebration of its arrival.  I then commuted via train
into work.  I worked so late that the trains had stopped running when I was
ready to leave.  I spent the night in bed with my ex-girlfriend, fighting
platonically over the covers.

Surmise what you will about my life, but feel free to email me your
inferences.  My name is Ted and I live in Chicago.

tew
--
                   And it says "I burn."
                 Ted Whalen - tew at introvert.net