Sinister: Poesia eres tu

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 13 10:49:19 BST 1999

Press articles and reviews based on celebrities is going too far.One
cannot open a so-called serious paper without finding Steve Trousse and
Tara'shenanigans in their pages, everyday.And in the end I don't know if
he was stripping in front of pubescent princes or she was slagged off
because of her lyrical taste.Media just confuse my waif-like mind.

All I could really 'absorb' from poetry and lyrics later scandal, it was
that Deborah Whoever,feature writer of the year,fancied Andrew Motion
because of his posh navy blue coat.Fair enough.After my pleasant reading
of some verses in my mother tongue sent by lovely Giita ( I want to go to
Iceland more than ever,after my housemate's holidays ...!!!),might I add
humbly my two pences to the discussion???Language makes a radical
difference.Try to translate anything being true poetry (even something
painted by furious demonstrators on a wall)and it would get irreversebly
damaged somehow.

And sorry for being so conventional,but I consider 'angels' second
position and even 'Imagine' first position slightly embarrasing,being the
most embarrasing of it all the somehow official opinion of 'Bohemian
Rapsody' should have made it much better!

70's Who,that classical of this list: I ignore if Mr Miller would know
about Houston Party Records, the recently founded label managed by Jaume
from Parkinson DC in Barna, and so baptised after the orgiastic bash
organised by the WHo during some American tour or so.According to the
manager, that party simbolised all the rock mythology.Very deep.Especially
for a power pop label owned by Posies' best chums.

Once again, anyone up for Airport Girl and Butterflies of Love tomorrow
night in NOttingham? Mail me privately.

xxxx

Arantxa

PS I had never written before in any message 'mail me privately'.It sounds
so naughty.