Sinister: I shot the sheriff... but 'e was a stealin' me apples!

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 13 12:01:00 BST 1999

Helen wrote:

> I saw Mercury Rev on the tele (Oz TV... because I live with the wizard) the
> other night and they did (quite a fine) cover of 'when you wish upon a
> star'. And a Dylan cover as well, He was a friend (of mine?).
> Interesting. Does covering a Disney song make you less cool?

	I once travelled to Boston, England in a little car, with my
American friend, listening to his greatest hits tape. He was from
California, USA, and lived out of a rucksack, and as such had only
brought this one tape with him. It was a mixture of Bruce
Springsteen and Disney Classics, and he sang along to it all the
way. Um, this is just an anecdote really, I've just realised it doesn't
actually have a point. On the way we passed a town called Elton and
we wished that John had come cos it would have made a funny
photo.
	I got some tickets for Nalda Said in Nottingham yesterday
and the girl behind the counter said something to the effect that we
didn't really need them because no-one was going. She was a
moody tart, though. I think she'd missed her vocation in the fish and
chip shop.
	Have I ever said how I used to think it was my vocation to be
a vicar? Does anyone else think that people are really made to do
certain jobs and mostly choose the wrong ones? I do. It's like hands
and gloves. I bought some gloves and a hat from an honest market
trader last week, after he convinced me that they were the finest
quality, and selling like hot cakes, guv'nor. The hat was quite nice,
so I bought them. When I got home I found I had been flogged two
left-handed gloves! Honest market trader, my arse! So now I don't
like the hat so much either because it brings back ugly memories of
the gloves.

Steve wrote:

> anyone lucky enough to be in toronto today got themselves one
> honey of a fall day, that is for sure.  boy was it nice.

	Gee, Steve, that's the most American sentence I've ever
seen.

	Sarah-san wa kawaii desu. Whatever this means, I think it's
probably appropriate.

	Oi! Gimme back me apples!

	Robin xxx

PS: This email might be full of strange codes at the beginning and
the end. If it is, it's not my fault. We've been given a new email
programme and I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.