Sinister: Say something strikingly poignant, poetic or profound

Neil Krajewski nkrajewski at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 13 19:56:21 BST 1999

Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted and sadly it will probably be a while until
I post again. In a cruel twist of fate the college where I reside for most
of my time has now been furnished with the luxury of the internet. 'Great!'
some of you may be thinking, Neil won't be moaning about his phone bills any
longer as he can use the net at taxpayers expense. Well the prospect of
A-Levels next June makes this impossible, but my slightly less consientious
friends having found the URL are proceeding to mock the whole sinister
community which is becoming incresingly demoralising and a special topic of
conversation seems to have been my posts which of course they can all
access. They're all suspicious of me going to 'picnics' as and having read
the posts they are convinced, partially because of the name I presume (will
they ever understand!!!), that sinister is a cult and it does become rather
irritating trying to educate the masses. I used to try and now have just
given up.

Anyway it seems I must now write out of compulsion, not that this is not a
pleasurable way to spend an evening. However having being stuck on the last
train last night after selling T-Shirts for the fabulous Billy Mahonie at
the garage I nearly fell asleep in a court room today and still have many
ways which I must fill this evening, the completion of this post obviously
being the highlight of these. Some of you may have been wondering the
reasoning the title; in my doleful employment which spoils my Saturdays when
bored I often say to our staff (allegedly my colleagues) 'Say something
strikingly, poignant, poetic or profound' and they give me strange looks as
if I have finally lost all grasp of reality, which by that time I probably
have. However tonight it seems that having been passed the poetry parrot by
the lovely Giita (can I come and stay in Iceland in exchange for
compliments, lol ?) it would appear that it is my task to post something
falling into the aforementioned criteria.

Recently I have been devoting my study to the difficulty in balancing
conflicting interests with regards to civil liberties in the UK. My
selection of poetry therefore in some deranged way is linked to this aim;
i.e. the fact that one selection lacks originality is balanced by my
decision to contribute something, admittedly not a very good something, that
I penned myself sometime ago.

The Inevitable

While I was fearing it, it came.
But it came with less of a fear,
Because that fearing it so long
Had almost made it dear.
There is a fitting a dismay,
A fitting a despair
'Tis harder knowing it is due,
Than knowing it is here.
The trying on the upmost,
The morning it is new,
Is terribler than wearing it
A whole existence through

Emily Dickinson

My own written a while ago when I was obsessed with sonnets:

How can a man express his love for thee?
When thou art far from where I must reside.
To write with a pen and paper means a fee;
And behind words one can so easily hide
The feelings that need to be flowing free.
And as time passes tears will be cried,
As whilst waiting, one will think of thee.
But one can one do little for a while,
But sit alone and watch the days fly on by.
Hoping that the next will bring a smile
Rather than yet another lonely sad sigh.
For that day alone I would walk many miles.
But while thou is such a distance away
I must temper each and every passing day.

In this post I've probably contradicted all the principles of the poetry
parrot and mine didn't have a charming story to proceed it (was this
obligatory?), but still I hope that having made an offering I can now hereby
pass the poetry parrot on to....................(struggles from
yawning)......Alex Tobin.

Anyway goodbye for possibly as long as it takes for me to be emancipated
from college or for my friends to find better things to do with their times

Neil (Kadj)