No subject

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Wed Oct 13 21:31:24 BST 1999

I've been listening to tigermilk practically non-stop for the past couple
days. and "we rule the school" keeps making me cry. damn.
so there's my B&S content.

List Crush
someone else voted for me on the list crush site, so now i'm at number 22
on the list. tee hee. thank you mysterious stranger #2, and may as well
thank mysterious stranger #1 who admitted he was the one who voted for me,
as well as sending me that postcard. you're all really too kind.

Drunk and Flirting With Boys (is how i've been spending my weekends)
some of you may recall my drunken post the other night (sunday, i believe),
well i went to yet another party at the same house on monday night (long
weekend, we didn't have classes  until today [wednesday]), and once again
flirted with that same boy (seth), and this time when our mutual friend
went to bed, we stayed up. nothing naughty happened, but we did sit awfully
close together (legs touching, etc) and for a while he had his head resting
on my shoulder *sigh*. i went home on shaky legs and collapsed when i got
to my room. it felt magical.
anyway, so that was two nights ago. haven't seen him or really heard from
him, and i'm awfully confused about what the next logical step would be.
our mutual friend has gone back to maryland for her studies at the NIH, so
that little connection is out. I'd feel awkward just going over to hang
out, because i've never done that before. And i'm too impatient to wait
until this weekend when i can just waltz over and say i was looking for a
party.
and another thing -- i'm still not positive he's not dating anybody. last i
checked (about a year ago) he was dating this girl tanya, but i've seen
neither hide nor hair of her anywhere near him (and only once in general)
this semester. so i was wondering if any of you intelligent people could
tell me the best and least awkward way to ask him if he's seeing anybody.
i'm still not sure what's up with him, so i don't know if it would be weird
for me to straight-out say "are you seeing anyone?" or if i should ask
about tanya, etc. because it's entirely possible he's  long since broken up
with her but he's seeing someone else now. of course, our mutual friend
must have seen what was going on between us and she never said anything to
me about a girlfriend . . . but i digress.

I Have a Grant Proposal to Write
do any of you know where i can find antibodies to the marA multidrug
resistance efflux pump in e. coli, because i need it for my thesis and i
can't write my grant proposal (or do my thesis) without knowing if it
exists and where to find it. aaaaaaaaaaaack! i think it's high time i start
calling antibody supply companies. this is madness.

well, off to try and write that damn grant proposal. hmph. i wish i didn't
have to, but my stupid thesis is going to cost like $1000 to do, and i
don't have that kind of money just lying around. jerks. i wish i was
studying english or something inexpensive like that.

-kerry
"if acquired characteristics can not be passed on . . . man lives and
suffers in vain. whatever he might have acquired in the course of a
lifetime dies with him."
                  -paul kannmerer -- in defence of lamarck