Sinister: i bet it woofs too

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Oct 13 21:57:10 BST 1999

My children,

Another bulletin from mummy in the Land of Nod.  I've too much here to
say so I'm going to say it v..e..r..y quickly.  First off, I
desperately need an Aibo - if you don't know what one is go to
www.aibonet.com and if you DO know then Why Didn't You Tell Me?  My
heart is lovesick for Aibo.. they cost $2500.  It's a medical condition
I HAVE to have one, you understand.

Secondly on a completely unconnected note, there's going to be a
one-off charge for Sinister membership of, say, $2.17 for all current
list members.  Just make cheques payable to "Honey's Aibo Medical
Fund" and send direct Sony.

Other news: Stuart Doobeedoo Murdoch apparently recorded two JAZZ songs
on Monday night in Glasgow for BBC's Beat Room show (the one only
people with Digital TV and presumably transportation machines get).
Yes I know, jazz - he apparently sang a bit with Bill Wells.  I hope he
did "Your Feets Too Big" by Fats Waller, myself, rather than the Cleo
Laine school of jazz.  Don't ask me any more about this, as I don't
know any and will just make up a load of lies, but expect to hear
something about it soon, I guess.

Now Tim's rudeness competition.  I do urge you all to enter, as he'll
sulk for ages at me about you all being useless hippies who don't
even know how to swear properly if we don't get more entries.  The
closing date is FRIDAY and we have 3 spanking new copies of Stuart
David's book looking for homes, thanks to that nice Kaye at I.M.P.,
the publishers.  It's got naked pinups of the band in it too, like in
Look-In.

Everyone knows this is a Thai-based B&S list, and I was very surprised
to see the following news a bit ago: that the American sitcom "Joannie
Loves Chachi" was banned in Thailand, because Chachi means "penis".
How silly, she probably DOES and what's so wrong with that.  Mind you,
they did get jittery about "The King and Oon".  How ridiculous,
especially bearing in mind Thailand is the world's chief exporter of
Pissing Boys.

Putting on my sensible shoes..
.. I have the following administrative information.

ONE

Alex mentioned that the Stuart David bed-ins in bookshops (bagism,
shagism) have changed locations - IMP asked me to pass on what's what.
Here you go:

> Borders gig is now cancelled - due to lighting problems.
> Oxford Virgin gig is being replaced by Nottingham Virgin, same times.
> Their telephone number at the store for free tickets is 0115 947
> 6126

I do like "lighting problems".  Someone make a joke about it quick.

TWO

Something to do with a B&S night on Toronto:

> I recently emailed asking you to put through an announcement as to a Belle
> and Sebastian night in Toronto at Vox Central, November 4th.  I've just
> received word that the club has gone bankrupt, thus there will be no Songs
> For Children happening until further notice.  I'm looking at some other
> clubs downtown so hopefully it will just be postponed.

THREE

Dunno whether people have seen this.  Someone sent it me.  At least
they sent it ME instead of grabbing all your emails from the archive
and spamming you all like wotsit with the MP3s.  Grr.

> I'm not sure if I told you guys about this yet, but there's an Belle
> and Sebastian music video on the Insound.com website.  Here's the link
> to it so you can see it and maybe put up a link onto your website or
> something:  http://www.insound.com/cinema/searchalpha.cfm?searchby=B

FOUR

Finally some more information from Wrasse Records about the Bathers
LP with some Belly's on it.

> Belle and Sebastian (Isobel and Richard) helped out with the new
> Bathers album - Pandemonia. They are friends of each other and live
> very near to each other. This is Chris Thomsons (singer songwiter of
> the bathers) sixth album and most mature. Many of the songs have been
> written from personal experience and many revisit "the" relationship as
> it unfolds.
>
> To find out more about the album please visit their official website
> www.thebathers.com and their record company's site
> www.thebathers.wrasserecords.com .
>
> The Bathers are playing a one off gig in London at the ICA on Thursday
> 21st October.

In fact they live so close to each other I bet they go round for tea.
Jam sangwiches mmm...

If you got this far, I bet you read the labels on Kellogs packets.

Honey xxx