Sinister: I'll have a crocodile sandwich...

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Thu Oct 14 09:52:57 BST 1999

Wanky post ahoy.

Kerry's recent letter was all about having sex. What struck me was the way
the phrase was just tossed off (cheers) here and there in the most
matter-of-fact way, whether it was talking about Beanz fantasies or exes or
one night stands. It's probably just a language thing, me being
oversensitive while Kerry was just being stream-of-consciousness literal,
but it's still something that made me think Which is a rarity.

Sex with people you care about is better than sex with people you don't.
Even if the act of coition isn't as impressive, it's always going to be on a
different level that makes it that much more satisfying. Well that's what I
think anyway, but I may be being a hopeless romantic. Which is quite a nice
way to be.

I also find the expression "having sex" sounds faintly unpleasant because of
the connotation I lumber it with that it's a 100% physical, 0% emotional
act. Coming from someone who can argue for hours about how words shouldn't
be given any status they don't merit (cunt being the obvious example), that
sounds silly. I'd rather use the word fuck to describe the act if it were
with someone I love, as to me it seems at least passionate, and has a sense
of depth about it. But that's just me.

I must admit, though, that discovering saying "You're totally hot. I've
considered having sex with you a few times" actually *works* has radically
changed my view of pick-up lines :-)

Finally, an apology. Tim has made me realise that my "biting satire" wasn't
really very funny. It wasn't entirely satire either. I'm sorry to be
offensive, even if I was trying to be funny (a bit) and wasn't really
serious (though I was, a bit). I suppose I am a snob. 14 years of public
school education is bound to leave some kind of stain...

Told you it was wanky.

Love Mark (who is now hoping to NYC *and* Toronto some time next year...)
xxx

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 0171 224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;  we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com