Sinister: nalda said winners...

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Oct 14 17:04:07 BST 1999

Alexandre Tobin said:

> Sadly, the competition to win a free copy of Stuart David's novel 'Nalda
> Said' is over.  The lucky winners are Helen McLean and Peter Mitchell.

Crikey - that's my dad!  I didn't even know he entered!  He never
entered the sweary competition... actually I think Alex means Peter
Millllllller.  Peter you can't now win the Sinister competition no
matter how well you swear.  You old stiffy!

Any more swear-words?  We've had "some more" entries for our very own
Sinister Nalda competition since Tim's tragic Blue Peter appeal, but
you've still got time.  Closing date is midnight tonight, Edinburgh
time.  Hurry now.

And - here's the latest Jeepster Nudes Bulletin, cut up 'n'
edited just for you in a postmodern fashion to contain 100% B&S
related content..ish.  For those who aren't subscribed directly.

Honeypie x

------

From: David Kitchen <david at xxx.uk>

	LOOPER RECORD NEWS
	http://www.jeepster.co.uk/looper/

looper, brain-child of stuart david, are back, as a four piece and with a new
double a-side single 'who's afraid of Y2K'/'up a tree again' released on the 18th
october 1999 and backed with a very special remix.

the full track listing is:
	1- who's afraid of Y2K
	2- up a tree again (stuart david re-edit)
	3- up a tree again (pulp remix, also known as 'the chocolate layer st
		johns ambulance mix')

stuart david on 'who's afraid of Y2K':
"it came about from reading a lot of articles about the millennium bug - about
things like the guys they had hired to fix the problems at the government
buildings in america, working on it for a couple of days, till they realised how
unfixable it was, and then all quitting the job and buying themselves land in the
hills to build survival shelters to live in. and things like finding out that even
richard madely from this morning and keith richards have their own survival
cupboards at home. then i thought of how it was such a simple and avoidable
problem, but how much damage it could do now. and i thought maybe it would cause a
kind of natural revolution."

	----------------
	LOOPER TOUR NEWS

to promote the forthcoming single and the publishing of his debut novel, looper
will be appearing at a number of bookstores in the UK, check the stores for more
details and start times:

	16th oct 99 glasgow (UK) virgin megastore
	18th oct 99 london (UK) virgin megastore, oxford street
	20th oct 99 brighton (UK) borders (sallis benney theatre)
	21st oct 99 nottingham (UK) virgin megastore
	22nd oct 99 leeds (UK) virgin megastore

each of the shows will be starting of with a looper-style reading from the novel,
accompanied by films and stuff for about fifteen minutes. then they'll be doing a
set of looper songs for around half an hour.

	-------------------------
	LOOPER MISCELLANEOUS NEWS

looper have expanded, new band member scott twynholm plays keyboards and live drum
loops and has also helped Stuart David produce the latest single. ronnie black,
stuart's brother is now full-time on guitar and karn david, his wife, still sings
and plays as well as handling all the live visuals.

	----------------
	THE GENTLE WAVES
	http://www.jeepster.co.uk/thegentlewaves/

isobel is currently in the studio with various members of belle and sebastian and
is recording her follow up to the successful 'green field of foreverland'. we hope
to have this released spring/summer next year, but we'll keep you up to date with
the progress.

	-------------------
	BELLE AND SEBASTIAN
	http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

are still in and out of the studio working on the new album, they're also
currently considering locations for a possible tour in the future to co-incide
with the release of the album next year. other bits in the pipeline include the
development of the lyrics/tablature book which should include illustrations by
alisdair gray (if you haven't yet read his novel 'lanark' and are wondering who he
is you should rush out and get it now; from either:
amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0156003619/jeepsterrecord0a
amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0330319655/jeepsterrecords
)

	--------------
	END OF MESSAGE

well, that's us done for once again. we'll mail again the next time we have
something of substance to say :) as usual all corrections and comments (there are
always some!) should be forwarded to myself at the address below.

as a footnote, you may have noticed that the official jeepster belle and sebastian
has moved from www.belleandsebastian.co.uk to
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/ . but it's still the same site, and
to underline it's the fact that it's the record label site, we've gone and made it
look like the posters with the little black border on the top and everything :) .
the band also have their own site at www.myspace.co.uk/belleandsebastian which is
themed to resemble the glasgow public transport system. so there you have it, now
you know where our site has moved to and what the difference is :)

cheers

david

                          jeepster own my soul

 david kitchen : jeepster recordings ltd : http://www.jeepster.co.uk/