Sinister: doo da doo da

danielle redden redden at xxx.com
Thu Oct 14 23:25:07 BST 1999

there is a girl sitting next to me wearing lots of fleece. and her cell phone just rang to the tune of "campdown(sp?) races". and i laughed, well it came out more like a snort. she wasnt pleased. girls around here are scarey. uni girls with lots of money. however, i only have a way with women every third day, or that's what they tell me. i'm just a girl, so i wouldnt know.
   i havent contributed to the list since the few days following the bowlie where all my time was spent on the computer avoiding my work and giggling all over the 'i saw you' board. that was sometime ago. i made a little promise to never write unless i read all the messages, but i've been a busy girl these days. and you kids just keep on writing. but i'm all caught up now. oh, go on, give me a gold star.
   it's been a blustery day and i was carried all the way from my doorstep, down 17th street, and right up to the train station by a big gust of wind. now i'll go home and make soup and watch the sut set by the river. i may even pull out the leg warmers. hmmmmm.
   good news:
1.hefner is playing a halloween show in philadelphia. i live there, so you can imagine my happiness.
2. daniel johnston is also in philly next week with a band(?). i really dont understand how the man can play on stage with other people, but i guess i'll find out. by the way i am in love with daniel johnston despite the fact he is a fat man with a lisp.

one more thing....
lucy wrote...
But surely it's preferable to "making love", which has a yuckfactor of
Michael Boltonesque proportions.

i say "making love" all the time and i hate michael bolton. it is a bit silly i guess. but 'having sex' just sounds off, 'fuck' sounds like rape, and if i was to say 'shag' in the states everyone would think i was trying to be austin powers.when i was in london a few weeks ago i was conversing a bit with some non-hearing kids about the differences between american sign language (which i know a little of) and english sign language (which i know nothing of). the sign for "sex" in ESL is poking your index finger of your left hand into a hole made by your right hand.  in ASL the sign for "sex" is signing "i love you" with both hands and making a circular motion with your hands one on top of the other. (i hope you can all visualize this) i found this little cultural difference fascinating. oh course from my own experiences i have met very few american boys who 'make love', but i wont go on about that, since this e is already entirely too long.

go make some love,
  danielle

Whaat!!! Have you tried The Doghouse??! Get your FREE WEB-BASED EMAIL account at:
http://doghousemail.lycos.com