Sinister: introduction and sex talk

Gregory Dole gedole at xxx.com
Sat Oct 16 00:19:21 BST 1999

Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself after a month or two of lurking.
My name is Greg Dole, I am from Ottawa, Canada, I am currently working in
the U.S. of A., and I like a certain band from Scotland.

I would like to weigh in on the sex euphemism (spelling?) discussion. To my
amusement, my american colleagues use the expression "getting the job done."
This working class approach to sex gets me laughing every time someone talks
about a sexual escapade. Here's me: Hey Mike, what did you do last night?
Mike: Well, me and Suzie had a bottle of wine and then we spent the night
getting the job done.
That's humour if you ask me. Note that I use the term getting the job done
without reference to myself. Why? I'm honest.

Other favourites include horizontal jogging and the horizontal mambo.
However, both are a bit too wordy, so I generally stick with getting the job
done.

I find great humour in the term getting the job done, and as I often hear it
misused in everyday conversation, the humour value is times ten. Basically I
like getting the job done, shabloinking and horizontal jogging, I don't mind
shagging, but you won't find me talking about fuck*ng or making love. Of
course, that's just my opinion, and I'm easily amused. And I'll end here
because this is a hell of a long email about nothing.