Sinister: TIIIIIIGGGGGEEEEEERRRRMMMMMIIILLLKKK!!!!!

igh1 igh1 at xxx.uk
Sun Oct 17 15:13:37 BST 1999

Hello one and all . . .

Ah, what a great weekend.  First of all let me say thank
you to all those kind and lovely souls who wrote back to me
about the price of Tigermilk - there were just too many of
you for me to reply individually, so sorry, but here's a
big fat THANKS.  I don't want to gloat (well, not too much
anyway - my housemates are sick of me screaming
TIIIIGGGEEEERRMMMIIIILLLLKKKKK!!!! at the top of my voice,
so I'll only do it once here, I promise (although I s'pose
that could count as twice, but nevermind :-))).  Anyways,
on Saturday I managed to buy the most unbelivably mint
condition copy of Tigermilk I've ever seen (although it is
the only one I've seen) (oh dear, I must have caught
bracketitis off a fellow Sinisterine :-)).

Kin Woo scribbled:
> Also does anyone know what the deal with the "Mary Jo"
> single is? I have an old Select (this year) which
> contains an advert for "Mary jo" by B&S
> but nowhere else is there a mention of this. HELP!!!:)

Indeed, I have the copy of Select about which
you're talking (the one with Blur and the Tigermilk review,
I think) pondered this myself on many occasions, and have
now come to the conclusion that it was in fact an advert
for the whole album . . . unless someone who actually knows
one way or the other would like to set the record
straight???!!!

Non B&S bit:

Erica complained:

> unless you're the jumping up and down
> jeering beer-boy types - yes, I mean *you*! that was ME
> scowling at you from the mosh on Wednesday at dingwalls,
> you swines)

Ah, how much I hate those
jumpy-up-and-down-moshpit-y-people.  Last night this really
crap band played our uni, and a load of physic geeks (no
offence anyone out there who does physics, but, hey, if you
saw this lot, you'd call 'em geeks too :-)) jumped up and
down, making the whole night worse cos they trod on my
feet and spilt my beer all over me . . .  At least I got to
laugh heartily as the jumped up and down completely out of
time, but that's not the point.  Now, I used to think this
was an affliction only bands such as the Stereophonics
suffered, so imagine my shock when I saw the Happy Mondays
at T In The Park (expecting friendly Scottish crowds - got
a bunch of rude arseholes, in general, although some
B&S/Smiths songs were played on the speakers in between
bands, and Ooberman were fantastic, but anyway . . .) when
people moshed to . . . the Happy Mondays.  Oh yes.  They
then proceeded to throw their sweaty arms around me and ask
why I wasn't joining in!!!  Eventually, I managed to move
to the side and DANCE, but RAAAA.  How can anyone mosh to
the Happy Mondays.  Earlier on in the day, some freaky
Placebo/Manics fan (two of my most hated groups in the
whole world) had covered his face and hair in sun cream,
resulting in making himself look like a right TWAT.  He
then moshed with about four of his mates to Muse (who were
pretty disappointing on the whole), crushing this poor wee
lass into the mud, and just laughing.  Some kids then threw
a liquid over them and started chuckling when the moshing
twats acted like they thought everyone reckoned they were
heroes . . . until they smelt what had been thrown over
them.  Usually I am anti-throwing-of-piss, but on this one
occasion I was stricken with mirth :-)

Ok, I'd better go now, so byeeeeeee,

Ian.

                Ian Hatcher