Sinister: Cher stole my fun

Erica MacArthur macarthur at xxx.com
Mon Oct 18 12:19:23 BST 1999

 Kids,

I went to Ware this weekend instead of starting a new job in Barney's
Grill, a choice which I have decided was well made after sitting in one of
Ware's own greasy spoons. I went in and sat down as always - they sually
look at me in a strange way, but this time they decided to just deny
my existance. Which was nice. I walked out in a bit of a huff, and Hannah
suggested we go to the new posh cafe down the road. "You know, the nice
silvery one with the glass tables", she said. Only it turns out she'd
actually dreamt up this lovely new cafe. She does stuff like that, bless
her.

>to wonderful Erica's devoted tape making and covers which just made me

wonderful meaning a crap quality tape with no inlay, perhaps? I was
organised with my tapes for a little while. I decided my underwear drawer
was to become my tape draw (doesn't everyone have pants strewn across their
bedroom floor anyway?) and ordered them up. All the belle and sebastian
live recordings together, like a proper nerd. I'd probably be quite a good
nerd, I do nerd-ish things all the time, like spill drinks down myself. Oh
and not forgetting my foolish attempts at "dancing".

someone said:

>HEFNER (summertime, summertime, summertime)
>What did the girl write on Darrens coat?

She wrote "GET YOUR HAIR CUT YOU MESSY BRUTE". Or was it brutish mess?

Kin Woo said:

>Ah, how much I hate those
>jumpy-up-and-down-moshpit-y-people

I believe in moshing, I really do. Just in it's place, and that place not
being anywhere near me and my little toes. The last time I was in a proper
mosh a boy was being bumped up and down above the crowd, when Joy of Joys!
his wallet n a chain fell out of his pocket and someone gallantly ripped it
off (tearing his baggy shorts at the same time) and scampered off gleefully
in the direction of the beer tent. Brilliant! It would have been one of my
favorite moments, had I not been stuck watching the Prodigy in a muddy
field in Chelmsford.

Anyways, must dash, theres a muffin at the bakers with my name on it and we
only get an hour for lunch. Call me! Oh, and I should be getting my kitten
heels out (for the lads) at Da Doo Ron Ron this wednesday - maybe I'll
"boff" Chris Geddes! Or maybe not. Is big brother watching? If so, play
Darlene Love's 'wait till my bobby get's home'. Or else.

Erica