Sinister: Book banning/Degrassi Jr. High/etc.

=== stray4f at xxx.net
Mon Oct 18 16:25:37 BST 1999

actually, nothing bookwise has been banned in the US (including it's
Southern region) in quite some time.  There's a difference between not
stocking certain books in grade school libraries and actually "banning"
them, and your misconceptions of the South are just as ill-informed and
obnoxious as you accuse them of being.  You want to examine a
country/culture that in recent times actually bans artwork because it's
citizens supposedly couldn't handle it?  Then meet me in London to watch
Clockwork Orange, the Exorcist, and The Evil Dead.  Oh wait, you
can't....Those films are banned/illegal.