Sinister: I've been misconstrued...

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Mon Oct 18 20:20:50 BST 1999

Well now that I have made to look quite the ass...

1.) My intention was not make a sweeping genralization about the US South,
but I realize in the context that I placed it it could be taken that way.
I am well aware of how intolerant Ohio can be...I've lived here all my
life. Believe me, I'm not happy about it.

2. I have no problem with Christianity in general. What I have a problem
with is when a Christian uses their beliefs to justify their horrible
treatment of others. Christianity is supposed to be a spirituality of
forgiveness and yet I have seen more people oppressed, beat down,  and
killed in Christ's name. And it isn't just Christianity--Any religion that
pulls that sort of stunt rides me the wrong way; I simply lashed out with
Christianity, because that is what is pushed in my face all of the time.
It was not my intention to single out all Christians--my mom and brother
are Christians--just the ones who take it too far.

I hope this has cleared things up.

Brandt