Sinister: Thai Me Up, Thai Me Down

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Oct 19 10:31:44 BST 1999

According to yesterday's paper, everyone in thailand eats their weight
in insects every single day, so some insects are now endangered
species in the land of the rising ooooOOON. Well, I think that's what
it said.

Brandt, tell your mum that Sister Disco will be thinking about her
when she's having her operation. On second thoughts, perhaps you'd
better wait and tell her afterwards.

I've been to Merrie England this weekend. I didn't even *see* a record
shop, but I did stock up with three pop mags. Shocked to see that
Uncut are putting their prices up to finance Robert McTaggart's
Curlywurly habit. I'm listening to the free CD now. It's total pish so
far. And yes, 20 quid for Tindersticks is bloody expensive, nigh on
Bryan Adams prices. I've been trying to think of a good question for
Pete Townsend for next month but one's Q magazine Cash for Questions
feature. It's got to be a good one, so perhaps we should put our heads
together and see what we can come up with. I see Dougal and the Blue
Cat has been rerelased on video - Dylan in the Movies. It says
somewhere that The Secret Goldfish get help from B&S - I don't think
I've seen that discussed at length on the list, but that doesn't mean
it hasn't been discussed at length. It might have been discussed at
length for all I know. I went past Bull in Slough as well. I think
that might be where Andy Dean used to work.

The last message from Beepster was called "Sinister adverts" which I
thought was quite appropriate. Paul, why don't you set up one of those
crappy Amazon "associate member" links from the list site, then at
least we'd reap the benefits of our own spam and you could buy that
funny Chitty Chitty Bang Bang machine you're after.

Trousers, have you been using Mark Casarotto's chat-up lines?

Peter