Sinister: Hairs at the back of your mouth

Sarah Wheeler Sarah.Wheeler at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 19 11:02:55 BST 1999

Kids,

Sister Encyclopedia said:
>According to yesterday's paper, everyone in thailand eats their weight
>in insects every single day, so some insects are now endangered
>species in the land of the rising ooooOOON. Well, I think that's what
>it said.

And according to Family Fortunes on Saturday, everyone swallows 6 spiders a
night.  The contestant who relayed this disturbing fact said that she was
so worried about this that she taped up her mouth every night before going
to sleep.  Pity she couldn't have kept the tape on for the recording of the
programme.  I actually only watched Family Fortunes to see whether it could
meet the entertainment value of last weeks show.  Alas and alack, 'twasn't
to be.

>From last week's show.......
Les:  Name something you's associate with the sea.
Thicko 1: A coffin
Les:  Eh?????  Do you mean burial at sea?
Thicko 1: No, I meant the letter C
(Audience guffaws)

Les:  Name a type of TV programme
Thicko 2: Brookside
Les: Eh???  What kind of programme is that?
Thicko 2:  Duuh, a documentary
(Audience are stunned into silence; Les cracks open a bottle of gin)

Family no. 1 went home with £72 between them.  Hardly worth the humiliation.

Talking of humiliation, Friday night was good, wasn't it Glasgow people??
I must wholeheartedly apologise for my behaviour.  My drunken nature was
solely down to the Pitcher and Piano only serving doubles unless
specifically asked for a single measure.  I didn't know this until it was
too late.

When can we do it again???

Lots of love
Sheeny xx

PS Next time, I insist you remove any fags that make their way to my mouth.
 It's not big and it's certainly not clever.