Sinister: from the squirrels

Matthew Hintz mhintz at xxx.edu
Wed Oct 20 04:42:44 BST 1999

I came home to find an acorn thrown through my front window.  I typed up
the attached note since I thought it might be of interest to this list.
xo
Matthew

----------------
This note is from the squirrels.  We have yr Isobel.  We thought you loved
her more.  The fuzz investigation has been ended with the case being put
in the 'Sod It' pile.  We know this since we have our sources.  We had
planned to return Isobel for a pint and an apology for misrepresenting
forest life.  Every day that our demands were not met we planned to bury
her the length of the exposed skin of her pedal pushers.  After we buried
her like a big nut for the winter, we decided to find a better use for
her.  Now she stands in the forest since her ankles provide a perfect tree
climbing practice regimen for the young squirrel recruits.  We might
consider returning her for _two_ pints.  We know we are running a hard
bargain for your favorite Isobel, but perhaps that should have been
considered before messing with us.

If you want to find us, look in every tree above your head.