Sinister: nice

Tim tjl at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 20 10:34:09 BST 1999

Morning.

Cheers muchly to the people who mailed me about Out Of My Hair( Ryhs and
Colin). Spent some of Monday afternoon looking around Leicester for their
album, but couldn't find it. Looks like a trip to Nottingham I feel. Nice.

But the good news was that I found the Speedboat LP, Satellite Girl. First
time I've found anything by them in Leicester, so that was a bit of a
surprise. Production doesn't seem that great, but it's not bad. On The Run,
The Hurtin' Kind and Tidal Wave are rather good, and the rest are growing on
me. Anyone got any more information on these?

On the subject of things musically, are any of the other Jeepster releases
worth looking at. Apart from B&S obviously, I've got Snow Patrol and Looper.
What about Gentle Waves, as there seems to be a very mixed opinion on
Isobel?

Brandt Fundak <bfundak at titan.dhs.org> said

> It was not my intention to single out all Christians--my mom and brother
> are Christians--just the ones who take it too far.

Probably been mentioned before, but it always seems to me that it's more of
a problem in the states though, what with TV networks having to be extremely
careful what they show incase they offend a couple of people. Wasn't it in
Kansas that due to Christian pressure groups the state removed the big bang
from subjects to be taught?

But then I suppose the UK is just as bad in other respects. Oh well.

Censorship. That always reminds me of the Ali G sketch on The Eleven O'Clock
Show, where he goes on about punani and flange. Not that I found it amusing
or anything. Well, not as amusing as the save the trees campaign, where some
woman shouted at him 'Oi you wanker, this is real', and then him saying to
the police 'Is it cos me is black?'

Right. That'll be me waffling.

Sex then.

Anyway.