Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Oct 20 11:07:28 BST 1999

"MOJO" contains the following:

"UK acoustic trailblazers include Beth Orton, Ben and Jason, Belle and
Sebastian and Ben Christophers....
....The move does have its detractors, notably DJ and writer Charlie
Gillet: "You could see this coming with The Verve's songs. But I worry
about some of the new acoustic singers; I find most of them unbearably
wimpy.""

I think he's calling Stuart Murdoch a puff.

I like Bob Flanagan. If you'd managed to stomach the whole film, you
would have seen Bob making a lot of cystic fibrosis kids very happy
with an amusing cystic fibrosis song in a Bob Dylan stylee. The whole
point of the film was that he'd lived a lot longer than he really
should have done because he enjoyed inflicting pain on himself so
much. I might have got this wrong, it was a long time ago. But props
to Bob. I'm proud to have met him, albeit via the miracle of
celluloid.

That film "Romance" ran for about six weeks here, so they must have
done something right. All the pre-release promotion centred around the
fact that it was dead arty and made by a woman and so forth, but the
poster and press advertisements just said "at last, pornography
reaches the cinema screen!". Multi-niche marketing. Apparently the
bloke's got a really big cock. Erection fans should check out
Pasolini's (?) Arabian Nights film, because you get to see a poor chap
with a semi-stiffy after a young lady has been bumping and grinding on
top of him while he's supposed to be asleep. It sort of twangs up when
she gets off.

Censorship: I'm a bit miffed that they keep making Chucky films. I
wouldn't censor them, I'd just give everyone involved a bloody good
clip round the ear.

Peter