Sinister: The things I know

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Wed Oct 20 13:56:21 BST 1999

Is it just me or do others not like the same things they watched as
children?  I was thinking yesterday how stupid shows like Diffrent Strokes
and Dukes of Hazzard are, and yet that I watched them religiously when
they were on, and had a disdain for shows like MASH and Taxi, which I
think are pretty much brilliant. Not only that, but those old crappy shows
make me kind of sick--I can't believe I ever had that sort of aesthetic.

I find myself watching "friends" religiously in syndication.

And is this just a US thing? I noticed that all news reporters identify
themselves as "so and so from ABC News," etc. It's like they are closing a
letter or handing out their business card or something.

I started reading "Fight Club." Now I may go see the film.

My mum's better now.  She's coming home today. Thanks for the support.

Brandt