Sinister: nice

MBBX9FF2 mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 21 00:11:40 BST 1999

hey kids,
            i have to agree, at least up to a point with the analysis
of the gentle waves album, on first listen some of the song-writing
did seem a little inept, but after repeated hearings i've grown,
maybe not to love it, but at least to be mightily impressed. in fact,
i was even more impressed by the album and by my friend when i walked
into the room where i had left him listening to it and he exclaimed,
   "this is in 2:4 time, nothing's in 2:4 time"
   and, lo and behold, i listened with my discriminating ears on,
rather than my usual just-listen-to-the-pretty-sounds ears and he
was right. impressed? i should say so!!

    i don't actually have anything exciting or even slightly
interesting to say to you all (not unlike some others on the list) -
sorry, i really should put my claws away, most of you are probably
bigger than me and i don't want to fear for the safety of my ass.
  but, i thought i would post anyway as it is my intention to become
one of the regulars that everyone gets to know and love(?),
regardless of my lack of vocabulary and interesting experiences.

    i had one of those gorgeous unnecessary feelings of panic today
when something goes slightly wrong and you know that it won't have a
huge effect on the fabric of the universe or indeed your own little
life, but it still makes you feel as if you desperately need to use
the nearest lavatorial facilities. (i hope its not just me that feels
like this in times of crisis because that really would be
embarassing). anyway, i got on a bus which profesed on the front to
be going to the area in which i live and it proceeded to head in that
direction, to get to my flat one has to travel in a straight line
along a single road and has no reason to turn at any junction.
imagine my terror when after about half a mile, it turned left and
continued in this direction for several minutes. for the duration of
this time i tried to reassure myself that everything would be fine,
it did afterall say on the front that the bus was going my  way, but
my panic only got worse when almost all the other passengers alighted
and i knew that i was not yet anywhere near my destination.
   finally, the bus reached a crossroads, but, oh no, it was forced
to wait there for what seemed like centuries as other traffic passed
and i tortured myself that it might not turn right as i wanted it to,
but would head in another direction. thankfully, the bus did
eventually turn right and arrived soon after almost on my doorstep,
but not before it had travelled through a very dodgy looking area,
which i worried greatly that i would have to walk through.

    phew! sorry about that, i've just read through what's written
above and realised that its the largest pile of nonsensical drivel
i've read on here... ever    (the word nonsense was first used by
BenJonson in Bartholomew Fair, that's what i learnt at uni this week)
that was just one those really dull anecdotes that you feel you can't
tell anyone, particularly when there are few people you know that
well, but putting it into writing gets it out of your system.

    i did intend to write something to cheer all you listees up, as
everyone seems to be upset or depressed  at the moment, but that's
what came out i'm afraid.
   i think its the time of year you know as when i think about it i
realise that my own happiness is teetering on the brink , but i'll
just get drunk instead.

cheers for reading this crap (if you did read it and didn't just scan
through until you got to the end of the big paragraphs) :)

      stay beautiful,    fiona

destroy you?----<<<<