Sinister: vulnerability/Nick Hornby/B&S/divorce

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Thu Oct 21 10:59:22 BST 1999

Dear Sinister listers:

Its been a tough time of it lately having to try an reconcile the personal
life which BTW, is not working and try to keep the future in perspective....

This list has always been a good vehicle to vent ones frustrations or
shortcomings being that most B&S fans are sensitive to these sort of
goings-ons and do sympathize or pretend to care more than the average
internet list subscribing dolt.....

I am still reading "High Fidelity".  Yes, I am a slow reader since I usually
read 4-5 books at once, now being "Tha Tao Of Pooh" by Benjamin Hoff, "High
Fidelity" by Nick Hornby,  "The Gormenghast trilogy" by Mervyn Peake and"The
Myth Of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus.  Currently, "High Fidelity" still speaks
to me the most since I manage a new/used record store specializing in
jazz/soul and can relate to Rob/Barry/Dick  in the book and the tough time to
keep relationships and intimacy afloat when you own a huge and awesome record
collection and put music first and foremost before anyone or anything in your
personal life....    I know.  I'm pathetic but content.

I can't say what the future holds for me but I thank the personal banter of
new friends like Laura Llew and others sinister listees that have eased the
pain and thanx for the music of Belle and Sebastian for giving me hope for
the future and the songs of Nick Drake for allowing me to drown in the
sadness and savor it while I can.

Nuff said...

Sincerely,

Pete Gianakopoulos