Sinister: listeeee luuuurve (and not just yer average list cu sh)

Paul Field Paulfie at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 21 13:46:53 BST 1999

Well, I really thought I would probably never post again, but here I am
talking to god knows how many strangers once more.

Yes, I too have fallen for somebody who was once a sinister stranger. It
sounds like a similar story to Amanda's, only much earlier in the game and
much less likely to work out. Well, she does live half a world away. Fuck,
I've started quoting Oasis lyrics. Somebody shoot me!

After 'meeting' through Jim Schmidts not-so-secret (for us) Santa tape
exchange last Christmas, myself and...lets call her Bob, Blackadder style
(sorry, but she doesn't know that I'm sending this and may not want to be
known)...we emailed each other pretty much everyday. And then the phone
calls started...and eventually I visited her in beautiful California.
Getting off the plane I could feel a thinnish, gooey substance running down
my leg. For the dirty minded among us, I mean I was shitting myself ok? I
was to be there, staying in her flat for 12 days. What if we never got on?
As it turned out there was no need. They have toilets in America too. How
was I to know? Anyway, we hit it off straight away, and a touch of romance
seemed to be blossoming after as little as 2 days. And it just kept on
blossoming and we kept on bosoming. Hoho, what word trickery I have at my
disposal.

Seriously though, I really did end up falling for her badly. Fuck it, I fell
in love with her. And yes, I am well aware of how ridiculous that sounds.
And yes, I agree people do not fall in love within 12 days of meeting, not
outside of Hollywood anyway. My head says I'm being idiotic, naïve and that
it's all hopeless. My heart is saying something totally different, but I
can't translate that into English. I have had a holiday romance in the past
and this is definitely different. And the feeling is mutual. At least I
think and hope it is. It's just a totally shitty situation to find yourself
in. But I'm glad of it anyway (what happened rather than the situation).

Does anybody out there know where I can get my hands on a teleportation
machine?

Love to you all, but especially to you Bob!
Paul.