Sinister: Enormous cartoon sausage

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 21 13:51:40 BST 1999

Dear all,

I think in light of the Canadian possé's brushes with
Degrassi characters the English fraternity should enlighten
on the present activities of the cast of our very own
Grange Hill. For instance, Zammo (who was the man who
said yes long before that bloke from Delmonte) is a
locksmith in central London and his on screen girlfriend
Jackie apparently sells flowers on the Embankment. While
Doyley props up the bar in the Windmill pub in Hounslow,
who I once managed to piss off by putting The Doors
"The End" on the Jukebox. I don't even like the Doors it's
just that at 16 minutes long, or whatever, it seemed
extraordinarily good value. It nearly went down as badly
with the regulars as putting REM's "Hairshirt" on every
time I went to the Milford Arms in Isleworth. People ended
up actually kicking the jukebox as they hankered for Milli
Vanilli, Paula Abdul or something. Very funny. In fact
this could be classified under the sport "townie baiting",
which is illegal in some countries. I guess it was lucky
old Alistair Scotty wasn't there as if he would have kicked
them back for not respecting Stipey's whines and it could
have got very messy.

Onto more pertinent matters, Looper were indeed a bit flat
the other night, though, as mentioned the supporting exotic*
narcotic poet and the hour long wait there in pub hours
didn't help. I was kind of surprised as they had got some
good write ups here, but I also saw Hefner for free that
night and they were a bit bloody fantastic. Again. Thanks to
Starry and Mr Daffy Moore (whose review of Nalda Said I
eagerly anticipate) for the multiple Looper tickets, I was
unfortunately unable to sell them to unsuspecting tourists
though.

Te ra,

Martin

ear confection recordings
(http://www.send.demon.co.uk)

* - by exotic I of course mean bollocks

p.s. I also played rugby against Roland from Grange Hill as
a boy. Those who know rugby and Roland would not be
surprised to find out he played prop and there was more than
the occasional shout of "Row-laan, Row-laan" in his general
direction.