Sinister: Curses

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Thu Oct 21 18:02:10 BST 1999

Have you ever had one of those days? Everything goes wrong. First it starts
with mildly annoying things - you couldn't sleep the night before, some part
of you aches quite painfully, and everyone around you seems to be in a foul
mood.  That's when you find out that you crashed your brother's computer
last night erasing his hard drive and now there is talk of a shotgun. Your
speed and his aim are in question.

Yes, I seem to have a computer virus attached to my Midas fingers. Every
computer that I come near seems to become very sick. My brother came over
this morning to inform that after I left last night that his new computer
froze up and now refuses to boot. Of course, he's extremely upset at me
though nothing happened while I was over there & I really have no clue what
I did.  But the hard drive is gone. *gulp*

In the past month, situations like this have happened to me more than anyone
would ever consider normal. Whether it is a sign, a warning, or bad luck I'm
not going to test my sanity or my family's patience for me anymore (its the
south - they know how to lynch).

I know that I'll never be able to use my brother's computer again. Of
course, I'm really too much of a coward to do that again (Yes, a coward. I
didn't call a certain someone's cell phone either. hehe) . I'm most sorry to
anyone that I was going to burn cds for but that isn't an option anymore
(deepest apologies Blakee).  I'm also going to stop being on-line very
often.  Maybe just once a month to check e-mail or such. Thus, I'm
unsubscribing to the list.

Today I'm leaving to go on a roadtrip up north & we'll be going all the way
to Maine.  *YaY*   After this trip, the Dakotas (& we know my disbelief that
N. Dakota even exists) will be the only states of the 48 continental that
haven't been graced by my computer havoc wreaking presence (of frankencense
and myrrh).  I'll be gone for a week and am most likely to unsubscribe from
the list when I get back.  *BaH*  I'm sure to post again before I
unsubscribe and who knows - I might change my mind.  But I really shouldn't.
I did try to stay off the computer once before and it lasted a week. So the
statistics aren't favoring my resolution but we'll see.

Has anyone ever thought of doing a directory of members. I would offer my
services but I won't be here.  Anyway, I think it would be most helpful and
I would be so interested in one of list members in the US.  When I moved
back to North Carolina, I tried to find list members here by searching for
NC under the archives but came up dry.  I go on roadtrips all the time and
would be most interested in hearing about the great local spots from people
from there. I think that it could be an excellent resource.  Anyone else
interested in this idea? Any volunteers to collect? I would do all that I
could to help.

This might be my shortest post ever. Let's keep it that way.

In the famous words of Jerry Springer, "Until next time, take care of
yourselves and each other."

Laura

*********Laura Llew's List Liar of the Week**********
That member of the list who really just cannot be trust. After reading about
how help- ess and ugly he was, I went to see the list's self acclaimed
elephant man picture. Come to find out that not only is he cute but he's
adorable.  Too young for me but this still doesn't keep Laura Llew's List
Liar of the week from being none other than