Sinister: I am new so go easy on me!

kevin parker francis69soul at xxx.com
Fri Oct 22 06:46:35 BST 1999

Hello,
I've been reading your goings on for two weeks now
while I waited in purgatory to be given a voice. My
name is Kevin Parker, I know Kevin is not a
particularly great name, though I suppose Kevin
Shields and Kevin Rowland have given it back some
dignity. My mother wanted to call me Luke!I am from
Shrewsbury in England but I live and work in Tokyo
where I think B&S are reasonably popular the reissue
of "Tigermilk" seems to have sold really well HMV had
these really cool promotional stickers aswell. Did you
know there is a BMX Bandits tribute band here? Anyway
Belle and Sebastian content I love them they remind me
of when I heard Kid Jensen play "This Charming Man" or
how excited I used to get when Janice Long would say
"Tonight in session we have Felt". Yes I am old Is 30
old? but I mention this merely to say that B&S make me
feel really young when I hear them or maybe they just
make me feel warm and hopeful and you really only feel
like that when you're young don't you?I could go on
about The Go-Betweens and The Pastels and Felt but I
suspect everyone on this list has similar taste in
music books etc which is why people sign up in the
first place.Regarding the censorship debate you've
been having I think either people ought to admit that
censoring is always a subjective process and always
subject to personal prejudice.For example I would
dearly love to dump the Cure and Suede in the dustbin
of history and solder the lid shut for eternity. Or
people should decide never to censor anything and I
mean anything, one or the other.People can't simply
pretend that censorhip is based on objective
judgements as the Daily Mail would have us believe.If
any of you are in the vicinity, I mean Tokyo way, send
me a message It can get a little lonely out here my
flatmate likes Poison the band not as some sort of
after dinner drink.The cafe where I am is playing Kiss
"Crazy ,Crazy Nights" and I think I like it. I need a
drink. Love to you all.
Kevin.
"Once,long ago, you were mine for ever, so if I should
reach into the past and touch you with invisible
fingers don't move away"
Spike Milligan.

=====