Sinister: B&S on a Smiths tribute album ? check out....

Jordi Trenzano i Vilar jordi-tv at xxx.com
Fri Oct 22 08:26:39 BST 1999

Hi, sinisterland:

Straight to the point: this is a message that I got from a guy from a record label, who wants to release an Smiths tribute
album on may 2000.  I read that Cinerama were supposed to cover "London", and when I posted it to the Morrissey-solo
website, I got this answer:

Hi there,

   Cinerama have already covered it! I have the DAT in the office.

   It is going to be on The First Time Records.
   A Tribute To The Smiths - "I Know It's Over" (tft 001/007).

   Also appearing will be The Cardigans, Supergrass, Cinerama, Kent, Ida,
   Quicksand, The Deftones, Jejune, Cobolt, Billy Bragg, Super Furry Animals,
   Versus, Pop Unknown, The Gloria Record, Sleater-Kinney, and many more. 20
   bands total.

   We tried very very very hard to get Belle and Sebastian, but they turned
   us down...they are easily one of my favorite bands, that is why I'm
   saddened that they turned me down...such a pity...I just thought I'd put
   that in seeing as your e-mail address is of the aforementioned! We would
   still love to have them, I'm going to try to call their management again
   sometime soon.

Interesting, isn´it ?

On the topic of banning films, I can say that this film from the Studio 54 disco was showed here with the advertising of
"The only country in the world where you shall see the whole version", or something similar. I don´t know if the movie was
so "scandalous" (I don´t know if it´s the right word, my engliz iz ztill cdap), as I didn´t showed any interest on watching it.

So, the Stu interview wasn´t taped by anyone ? I´d be quite delighted on hearing it.   In other topics, i´m excited about
watching Tindersticks + Arab Strap at the Lovely "Palau de la musica", tomorrow evening. However, I find "Simple
pleasures" a bit disappointing. It sounds more like Frank Sinatra than Nick Cave (without having nothing against Sinatra).
It´s Arab Strap´s "Elephant shoe" quite different from the slightly boring "Philophobia" ? Is it worth buying it ? or should I
try with Ben & Jason ?

Well, have a fab weekend everybody. And my best wishes for Brandt´s mum.

Jordiet Sinistre - jordi at belleandsebastian.org