Sinister: i won't forget to put in a subject line this time, i swear

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Fri Oct 22 18:57:18 BST 1999

looks like i've started posting every day. if any of you have problems with
that, let me know and i'll shut up.

B&S: they were playing tigermilk yet again in the campus store yesterday.
the novelty has worn off and since i've yet to find out who's responsible,
it's just getting irritating. why don't they play sinister or maybe one of
the EPs? must it always be tigermilk? it's a great album, sure, but that's
got to get a little irritating after a while.
did any of you read the onion a few weeks ago when the cover story was
something along the lines of: cafe employee just lets paul simon
"graceland" play for a fifth time." that's how i feel about the folks in
the campus store here.

so it seems my comment about needing a fuck seems to have shocked at least
one of you. (okay, so once again i haven't been reading many posts in their
entirety). if i remember correctly:
andrew dean said:

[ someone else:
[ >wow. i really need a fuck. *sigh*
[
[ my mouth is opening and closing and no sound is coming
[ out. girls don't say things like this. except the
[ drunken australian ones.

well, i'm neither drunken nor australian.
yes, be proud of me, i've not had a drink since the champagne-laden
afternoon earlier this week. but that doesn't mean i'm stopping, no. we've
got a bit of surprise party planned for one of my housemates tomorrow. his
21st birthday was yesterday. his girlfriend has hired a stripper (i helped
pick her out), and i've kicked in $50 for it. i'm hoping i get my money's
worth.
my parents are coming to town for the weekend. i told them i need to be
back here by 9pm tomorrow night. someone told me i should invite them to
the party. i think not.

back to the fucking. girls *do* say things like this. maybe andrew isn't
talking to the right girls, or maybe they never say it around boys (well,
all of them except me and the drunken autralian ones, i suppose). but the
girls i know are very open about when they're lacking sexual fulfillment.

which brings me to another point: am i a weirdo for listening to marvin
gaye's "let's get it on" really loud in my car and singing along? i just
think it's a good song, is all. i don't do it when anybody else is in the
car with me.
i just hope the cars in front of me aren't trying to read my lips in the
rear view mirror.

i've been reading a lot of dr seuss lately. that and grimm's fairy tales. i
have that one big fat translation of all 3,500,000 stories or whatever. i
like to just let it fall open and then flip pages until i reach the
beginning of a story, then start reading. i like the creation myths the
best. then again, i've always liked creation myths. there are a few stories
in there that don't make any sense at all, and seem like the sort of thing
a 6 year old would make up on the spot. in fact, i think i'll transcribe
one and put it up on my webpage for everyone to read. i'll post the url as
soon as i'm done. if any of you want to know ahead of time which story it
is, it's "bunny rabbit's bride" and it's ridiculous. if you have the book
i'm talking about, go read it now and laugh like you've never laughed
before. or be completely bewildered. but if you're bewildered, laugh about
that.
it's good to laugh.

should i be offended that the cinerama song "kerry kerry" is so unhappy? i
would rather not have anything to do with the kerry in that song. i think
it says bad things about kerrys all over the world. or would that be
"kerries"? you know, like cherries. or carries. how sad -- i don't even
know the plural form of my own name.

so what originally was meant to be a short post about my comments on
fucking turned into a dissertation. i should really be putting all this
energy into something academic. but this is more fun.

-kerry
-kerry
"here i am, this is me. i am yours and everything about me, everything you
see . . . if you only look hard enough."
	-tindersticks, "my sister"