Sinister: FOOTY / apologies / B&S (not really) in hospital / Marine Research in london

Taylor JM J.M.Taylor at xxx.uk
Fri Oct 22 19:42:37 BST 1999

DULL APOLOGIES

firstly a long overdue sorry for what probably would win any award for the
dullest longest 'post' that i sent a few months back.

secondly, a slightly embarrassed & *confused* apology for any sinister-type
who witnessed the product of my having consumed (scarily too few) beers,
seen villa lose to sunderland with the help of classic crap refereeing,
and being bored waiting for looper to appear.

(& thanks ?? for tix via martin)

i think my explanation for what in a work (mental health) setting i would
readily lable 'bizarre & inappropriate' behaviour, was (i think/hope?) taking
up a dare to shout mr popkins name across the heads of the chattering
looper masses. or at least that'll do as an excuse.

oh well, normal service will be resumed ASAP.

jim (purple trousers & face)

P.S. on a B&S content note, our beloveds have been regularly creating
lovely art room vibes in my art & craft groups on the ward, and i have
furthered my set of velvet underground figures made of clay (though
definitely not lifesize). surely what art room tape decks are made for???
(along with joni mitchell's blue, and enough (generally
patient's own) dub&reggie to keep mr hopkins happy for many lifetimes.)

The peak of our clients' non-existent b'n's frenzy, was my having printed
out lyrics to 'fox in the snow' for a good old sing-a-long to tape bit of
a music group when Steve Arlene (did you like the tape Sam?) couldn't make
it to do the music group so i had to cobble together a last minute thingy.

Of note, i've never had a negative reaction to B&S on the ward in two
years of occasional brainwashing the punters, and have run off one or two
copies.... which just goes to show what exquisite taste user's of the
mental health service have.

FOOTBALL

So Sinister footy was suggested this weekend? anybody still up for it -
give me a bell if you are PLEASE! 0171 690 9970

(as always check before venturing out rather than punching me, but:

 MARINE RESEARCH & BAXENDALE @ HQs CAMDEN SATURDAY 23/10/99

+ i assume the fortnightly Northern Soulish/60's beat club afterwards -
the one i dragged some of you along to after a pic-nic once. but i don't
really know, plus it is camden week thingy innit?

i'll be there and shall don said purple strides to make life (well
probably more confusing for you judging on recent form) easier if you are
in london and want to come and don't know anyone. + long hair, sidies +
glasses + skinny tall git too. but then maybe there aren;t new londonish
people - sorry i'm shit at reading the list.

more than enough

bye again

jim