Sinister: Thrills, Pills and Berryache

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sat Oct 23 12:39:14 BST 1999

My women, my women...

A sinister strctly for the ladies' night? Bongs, hotknives, sputniks,
buckets... and that's before they even take their coats off. I've been
reading Chickfactor, and I know what kind of thing goes on at Berry
Towers. Drugs, drugs and more drugs. And devil eggs. I wish I could go
too.

I bought a record by Taj Mahal. I haven't listened to it yet though.
But I think it's great that pop stars name themselves after buildings.
We could have Albert Hall, Sydney Opera House, Clyde Auditorium (the
singing orangutan) and Donny Sthorpe Miners' Welfare. Great!

Trousers wrote:

Why does Peter Miller never tell us when he's about to come to
Britain? Does
he have something to hide?

It was a quick in and out job, Trousers, something you're increasingly
familiar with, by the sounds of things. Arrival on Saturday, departure
on Sunday. My only opportunity for a Sinster meet and greet would have
been in the gents' at Heathrow. It was my mummy's birthday. I got to
see my niece, who is only two and a half, but already talks more sense
than the entire Sinister list put together. And yes, I've got plenty
to hide, just like the troubled narrator of "Nalda Said", according to
Nick's cutting:

As he grows up Nalda goes mad and he
stumbles into an itinerant life, always upping and offing, fearful
that his
secret will emerge - he still carries the jewel inside him.

What - up his bum or something? Sounds promising. The title reminds me
of "Bill Drummond Said" by Julian Cope. I just thought I'd share that
with you. I don't think the reviewer should have used the word
"loonies" to refer to loonies - "menkos" would have sufficed. So much
for "passages of rare compassion". Reviews of rare hypocrisy more
like. He must think we're all mongols.

Trousers also asked about former pop stars in normal jobs.  Keith once
told us that one of The Belle Stars or Amazulu or something had
started work at his company. Is she still there, Keith? If so, tell
her that her "Sign of the Times" is better than Prince's. It's not
true, but it'll make her day. "Q Magazine" has a feature along the
lines of "where are they now?" Sometimes it's quite sad. "We could've
been a contender!". This week it's the Tygers of Pan Tang. I haven't
read it yet. Trousers also talked about the general crapness of
magazines. I must agree. How much does a track on the free CD plus
corking review inside "Uncut" cost? What's more, the language is
disgusting! Just look at this litany of filth, included in two short
reviews on page 132, credited to a shadowy figure known only as
"RMcT":

wankers, arse, masturbation, todgers, dick.

Bring back Tiswas.

Kipper Clarke, can we have some more of your fluffosophy please? I
feel that you've been neglecting us lately. In my village, all the
Clarkes were called Kipper, at least the male ones were. So you had
Kipper Clarke, Kipper Clarke, Kipper Clarke, Brenda Clarke and Diane
Clarke all in the same family. Is it the same in Preston?

lots of love,

Sister Disco