Sinister: Let's pretend we're bunny rabbits

Robert McTaggart mctag at xxx.com
Sat Oct 23 17:29:58 BST 1999

Good Afternoon Sinister,

I've just been watching the viddy printer announcing a very pleasing
set of football results.  Apart from my beloved City consolidating
their position on top of Div 1, and Spurs doing the right thing, I was
struck by an extraordinary news from the Highland League.  Keith 3
Cove Albion 4.  Is this true?  Is the real reason for the relative
silence from our own lovable moptop and nightclub entreprenuer that
he's been making inroads into non-league football?  It's an impressive
result anyway, scoring 3 goals against 11 men all on his own.

It's been a fun-packed last three days, we went to see Guided by
Voices on Thursday, a band I know precious little about.  But they
rocked in the old fashioned way, well-aware of the humour, but without
being all insincere and postmodern about it.  Very entertaining.  For
some reason a little voice kept screaming "Cheap Trick" in my mind,
but I silenced it with cheap speed and glue.

Wumpkinny has committed a supreme act of treachery by fraternising
with known members of Droolz this weekend.  I would have taken Andy
Dean up on his offer to spend the weekend watching the rugby with him,
Trews, Mike and Tim and scratching our crotches.  Our own, not each
others, you understand.  But last time we did that Tim started crying
because someone had fallen over and Tim reckoned it looked "hurty",
while Andy kept begging we play soggy biscuit and lighting his own
farts.

Roolz' very own Boutros Bourtros Sven-gali, Kevan Cooke attempted to
lead poor Genevieve astray by writing a pack of half-truths about
French pop.  Remember, Gen, rock managers are notorious liars, don't
believe any of it.  He also praised the Magnetic Fields and their
"Sandinista"esque triple album.  That bit was true, normally I'd keep
well away from songs about bunny rabbits, but when they succeed in
being both saucy and romantic, then I'm sold.

Last night I went to see "The Blair witch project" with Big Poppa
Warrander John, the fragrant Emma, and love's young dream, JJ and
Rachel.  I liked it.  I liked it a lot.  My knees were shaking baby,
my heart it beat like a drum.

We need more people like Kerry, and less whinging adolescents on this
list.  Just my opinion ~

Love tag xx