Sinister: RE: manchester and other stuff

Kurtis, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Kurtis at xxx.com
Mon Oct 25 16:42:52 BST 1999

Hello you P.Y.T's...

A wobbly-knee'd Gareth said:

> I have not been on the list for some time now. I have recently began
> university in Manchester, and live on Oxford Road. I was strolling down
> the
> road the other day, when I suddenly abruptly stopped: I had seen a poster
> for a B&S Meet up here in Manchester!
>
> I have not yet met anyone who knows, likes, or has even heard of Belle &
> Sebastian since being here - despite wearing my badge! Because Manchester
> is a big bad scary place, and the Meet up is quite a way from where I
> live, I was wondering if there was anyone out there that I could meet up
> with to go to the event.

I believe you're talking about the same night that I mentioned in a mail
last week -- it's not a meet up as such, but a B&S-themed disco with other
indie stuff thrown in. It's at the Star and Garter, near Piccadilly train
station. I wouldn't say that Manchester is *that* big bad and scary, but it
is a bit rough around the edges in that particular area.   We're not 100%
sure that we're going, but I'm sure that you'll meet lots of nice or at
least sane people inside, and then you can share a taxi back.

Just back from a debauched Sinister LAYDEEZ weekend in Greenwich. Who would
have thought that the BOYZ would have been so jealous of us? It was great to
know they were all pining at home, leaving greasy nose marks on the windows
as they peered out in the rain oh-so-wistfully. Many secrets were shared and
lots of goss but they'll never know about it!! Ah hahahaha.

Saturday was Nihon day.  We walked around London in sensible silver trainers
and mary janes.  Lunch at Wagamama and buying of lovely things at the Japan
Centre. My new talking Pokemon (Togepi, #65) is so disgustingly cute, I
can't believe I bought him - seeing as I didn't think I had a twee bone left
in my body.

Then a roast Sunday lunch where Pam trussed up the bird, Sez made voluptuous
DD Yorkshire puds and I sauced up a cake with nutmeg and Bailey's. We girls
don't proclaim we want a **ck, we just eat sexy food instead.

Speaking of that, what is it with announcing to the world that you want
something of a, err, personal nature? There are just some things that we
*don't* all need to know. For example, I don't want to know when Tim Hopkins
wants to belch, or when Peter Miller wants to 'release gas'.  I'm sure they
all do when there are parties in Andy's big hairy cave, but thankfully we
don't hear all the gory details.

Notice to the whingers, teenage or not: try to remember that out of 1000 or
so people, not everyone wants to be your Agony Aunt or Uncle. Why not set up
a nickname of the people who tend to reply to those sorts of mails and send
your woes to them instead?  Geez, I thought chat took care of this sort of
stuff but it seems not.  Bah humbug. Maybe I sound old and cranky, but I've
heard a lot of complaints about this lately and figured someone's got to
speak up.

	Elisabeth (aka Mrs. Brady Old Lady)

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com