Sinister: If you had such a dream...

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Mon Oct 25 18:53:55 BST 1999

I had a strange dream last night that Montenegro attacked Serbia.  I have
no idea where it came from, although I do know it must be loosely related
to the recent news that Serbia would not block an attempt by Montenegro to
leave the Yugoslav union, but still, it kind of creeps me out that I dream
of things like that.

Obligatory B & S content:  My friend Ian from high school really loves B &
S.  He tends to be vocal about this when I force him to listen.

I think it's kind of amusing that metal heads referred to B & S as
pretentious when metalheads are some of the most pretentious
"motherfuckers" I know.  I'm sorry there are only so many songs you can
write with three chords and a "horrific" voice before they all blend
together.  And the names?  Cradle of Filth?  Megadeth? Christ, how much
more pretentious can you get?

Hey, I'm a belle and sebastian fan, and yet I like Tool. There I've said
it.

Quick Brandt's reaching his breaking point update.  Yesterday while
enjoying a slice of pizza I bit my finger very hard and got upset. I
realized how everything in my life is building and piling and I need to
fix it. But most of it I can't fix alone. Liz is over compensating right
now--We got in a huge fight thursday night after I accused her of spending
too much time on the phone with a guy she had been seeing and taking me
for granted.  We spent a lot of the weekend together. That thursday made
me realize how confused she is about everything though.  She swears up and
down that she doesn't want a huge commitment and yet when I tell her we
should be together she says : Tell me how the rest of our life is going to
work out.  And I don't have that kind of foresight. But what she has
gotten me to do is start trying to see the future and I don't like it.

Like I say I get a girlfriend.  Do you think that I will be able to remain
as close as I am to her right now?  And if she leaves in 3 years, will we
remain as close if I'm not in tow?  I doubt it.  I'm not trying to be a
jerk, it's just the way i know things would go.

What's a boy to do?

Brandt