Sinister: groping nostalgia

mike windisch windisch24 at xxx.com
Tue Oct 26 04:10:47 BST 1999

I was watching when Kerry relayed the following dialogue,

---friend: what was up with that boy you were dancing with?
   me: which one?
      friend: the one you were dancing really close to
          me: which one?
             friend: the one that was all over you
                 me: which one?
                     friend: i think he was wearing red
                         me: oh. that one. ---

and had to stop and think just what color shirt I was wearing saturday
night.

Surely there was dancing, and thus being such more than a few mutual grooves
turned to touch. We were laughing while the drunken jitterbug grew to grope.
An then after a timeless moment of full body smile we retired to a standing
room conversation piece. There was rampant eye contact and plenty of she
flipping the pages of the ribald artful imagery tome by some famous haute
coutour fotog type who's name i might remember if it weren't for the full
burbon swoon.

Dancing's a bunch of fun, and a favored form of nonverbal communication,
primarily physical-spiritual with a bawdily beautiful underbelly. But it's
not nice to dance and dash without a respectful chat that determines if
there is some spark of intrigue and compatibility with this dashing other
you met across some crowed room and were moved to entrain with. The truely
chic display respect over sleaze as a matter of course.

Musically speaking, any new england folks going to olivia tremor control in
providence next week? I'll be tapeing it if anyone can't make it.