Sinister: Flaming lips

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Tue Oct 26 12:01:43 BST 1999

Dear Listees,
i am very disturbed by what I saw last night at the Flaming Lips/Hefner gig.
Hefner were brilliant (of course) but the Lips were
frightening- a drummer who wasn't there, a huge gong on stage , a hand
puppet that looked like a nun, and the lead singer chasing sperm on the
projected backdrop. I am supposed to review it for the Manchester Uni
student paper but quite frankly I have no idea what to say without sounding
like I took all the drugs.
No B+S content but Hefener do have a nice line in badges which kind of makes
up for it.
Paul