Sinister: the reason the night is long

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Wed Oct 27 00:32:09 BST 1999

hello, dahlings.

i have discovered the root of the whining teenagers
problem:  it's lesley jo's absence.  for reals.  lj
writes the most personal and sometimes painful posts
ever, but they are always written in a witty and
engaging manner.  i can't do it, which is why i leave
my miserable drivel at home.  new listees are truly
truly deprived, as they haven't heard tell of the
art-girl-saga or been privy to lj's amazing stories.

subliminal message:  i miss lesley jo!  i don't even
know the girl.  oh wait, i don't know any of you.  not
really.  but damnit i miss that girl!

two belle experiences this weekend:
1) written on the bathroom wall in the beehive
coffeehouse in pittsburgh's southside:  "poupee de
cire, poupee de son".  (also written, "boy you better
make her raspberry swirl" (tori))
2) an IYFS poster appearing in the promise ring's new
video (for "emergency! emergency!").  which comes as
no surprise after jason (guitarist) wore an IYFS shirt
in an interview on mtv this summer.  come to think of
it, that boy wears lots of other bands' shirts, it
seems.

someone doubted the genius of tim kinsella of cap'n
jazz and joan of arc, and for this he will be brutally
punished.  someone else expressed lukewarm feelings
toward rainer maria, and he too shall be dealt with
accordingly.  the connection with b&s is obvious:
beautifully crafted music and wonderful lyrics.  i
mean, duh.  ;)

someone else tried to defend his/her alleged scenester
status, and i think if you feel compelled to do that,
it's all over.  it's also funny.  not funny haha,
funny like i told you so.  funny haha is that story of
the man chopping off his hand.  that's fucking
hilarious.  or should i say f-ing hilarious?

oh my god i am officially hooked on the lucksmiths,
after hearing only "guess how much i love you."  i'm
supah jealous of my best friend in boston who gets to
see them next week (who is Also hooked after hearing
only that song -- make the connection, kids: i put it
on a tape for her), and i've ordered her to purchase
records for me so as to avoid obscene import prices.
hopefully.  but i may be abusing the list asking for a
tape of their stuff fairly soon...

i am falling for this new trend which is amusingly
called "casio-core."  you know, recorded beats and
casio keyboards, etc.  i saw the band winterbrief play
this past weekend in pittsburgh and i dug it hardcore.
 um, not That kind of hardcore.  oh never mind.  (side
note:  props to the bands h.a.r.m. and kisswhistle,
too, who i loved loved loved).

oh dear i've rambled on Far too long.

if i can ever figure out how to put video things on
the internet, or even how to make a site, i'll show
you all the modern dance piece i've choreographed to
"simple things" for our student dance performance.
til then, imagine the best ;)

xoxo,
ree
(who is being a faerie for halloween)