Sinister: Endless, Endless

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Oct 27 13:23:12 BST 1999

Kids, if you've got a problem, go to someone who can help. You
wouldn't stand up in the middle of a crowded bus and start shouting
about your probelms, would you? If you did, you would get sneered at
and thumped and kicked down the stairs and the conductor wouldn't even
try to stop you bouncing out of the open door and you'd land on your
backside in the middle of the road and a car would just manage to
swerve round you, but it would go through a big puddle and splash you
and you'd be completely drenched with dirty water and everyone would
laugh at you. It's a bit ironic to call your friends insensitive when
you've been informing lots of strangers of your troubles and calling
half the population of Glasgow soulless in every message you send. No
offence. Depression is for doctors. It is not human nature to be
nosey. Or at least it's not my human nature. It might be your human
nature. But that would mean it's not human nature. No offence. I
sincerely hope you all manage to overcome your problems, and manage to
regroup in time for the next bout of problems. We used to have an
Agony Aunt on the list, I wonder if she could be persuaded to come
back? I'm sure she'd soon sort you all out, quick smart and double
sharpish. I think whingers are a bit like cockroaches, you can keep
the numbers down but you can't completely get rid of them, and they
would survive a nuclear war. I've only ever met two people on the
list, and one of them recently accused me of "releasing gas". I don't
think I've ever mentioned "releasing gas" on the list, so I can only
assume I must have had some kind of "releasing gas" accident on that
fateful night. But I think of a lot of people as friends, and it would
be a shame to see it end. Having said all that, I usually only read
messages from the Rear Guard, so most of the whingers go unnoticed by
me. I would also like the words "Holden" and "Caulfield" to be banned,
or turned into "P!O!O!" and "J!O!B!B!Y!". No Offence.

Sister Disco